At Piece Be With You, we understand that sometimes women are reluctant to sign up for conceal carry firearm training because they feel a little intimidated by the perception that it’s going to be a male-dominated classroom where they won’t be comfortable. That’s why we offer Mama Bear classes for women that are tailored to their needs. There’s no experience needed and it’s a non-threatening, non-judgmental atmosphere.
NRA certified firearms instructor Jay Hermoso’s goal is for Peace Be With You’s conceal carry classes to reach the widest audience possible. He believes it’s especially critical for women to get high-quality conceal carry training.
Here are some key statistics that illustrate why women should consider conceal carry training:
- The fastest growing sector of gun owners are women.
- 1 in 3 women have experienced physical or sexual violence in their lifetime.
- 1 in 7 women have been injured by an intimate partner.
- Domestic violence affects 35 percent of women.
- Nearly 10 percent of women have experienced violence at the hands of a stranger since age 15.
For women of all ages who are interested in improving their self-defense skills, Piece Be With You’s Mama Bear firearm safety and conceal carry classes are a great way to prioritize your safety and earn a Virginia and Utah concealed handgun permit. Contact us today to learn more about the course and schedule an on demand training class.